Classes of Hosting Services
A hosting service pertains to saving and/or sharing given web content on a server handled by a web hosting vendor.
There are various varieties of hosting services utilized for different aims, so let's have a glance at them. Doing so, you can conclude what you need, based on whether you wish to launch a website, mailbox accounts, or to share files with chums and colleagues.
- File hosting: a service furnished by some hosts, which permits you to share enormous files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived files, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole goal is to share files, since it does not offer web site uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to survey a record of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to view .html or .php website files in your browser. Free-of-cost file hosting solutions frequently include adverts beside the download links, while a timer obliges you to await a given period of time to observe them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you own a paid file hosting plan, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no limitation in regard to the download speed or the file size.
Now, with the help of the cPanel hosting firms, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more stylish "cloud hosting". This is an entirely erroneous explanation of the actual meaning of "cloud hosting". A real cloud web hosting environment would assign the load between individual groups of hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending different web hosting services (email, web space, stats, DNS, databases, web space hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting service is just a sort of a data storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; some firms provide a hosting solution for pictures only. This hosting brand is appropriate if you want to share an immense number of pictures with chums or associates since the service is commonly free of cost. You will obtain a randomly generated link for each picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be utilized for websites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution dedicated to tackling your e-mails. Some distributors provide hosting services for web sites, but do not supply an email service. If you want to open an e-mail address with your domain name but do not want to have a site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you require. You can open email accounts and administer them, but there will be no web service for the domain. The email hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution enables you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a certain video clip, or you can embed the video file in your site that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of using this method instead of uploading the video file in a web hosting account is that the video clip generates a given amount of central processing unit load, so with a handful of videos and several hundred site viewers, you may have trouble with your hosting reserves. Embedding the video file will allow you to have as many video clips as you want without hassling about system supplies.
- Web page hosting: this is the service that you require if you would like to own a web site. To some degree, it includes all of the aforesaid hosting varieties since, along with your sites, you can also host pics and files, you can set up databases and e-mail address accounts, upload videos, and so on. At '50 Webs', for example, you can have a look at shared site hosting and dedicated server hosting accounts that enable you to get all of the aforementioned solutions in one location. There may be limitations based on the kind of hosting service that you've settled on - a free web hosting package, a paid cheap hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your hosting account may be better or worse compared with the customary email/file/video/image hosting plans that are created for specific content only.